Has the recent revival in home sewing inspired you? Would you like to learn how to fit zips, set sleeves and sew with different fabrics?
- Tuesday Evening from 7 pm to 9.30 pm
- Wednesday Daytime from 9:30 am to 12.00 pm
- Wednesday Evening from 12.30 pm to 3 pm
We run three sewing classes a week for adults run on, Tuesday evenings, Wednesday mornings and afternoons. We cater for all sewing levels including complete beginner, rusty sewist and experienced dressmakers, We will work with you to improve your dressmaking skills.
Run in blocks of six weeks our classes give you the opportunity to work on your own sewing projects in a sociable and educational environment. Bring your own pattern and own fabric or choose both our shop. Many students have cloned their own garments and made patterns successfully.
Our fully fitted studio has six sewing machines, large tables for pattern cutting, dressmakers mannequins and an overlocker. Tea and coffee are provided. We keep the group sizes small so that everyone receives the tuition they need.
All our classes are held at the Sew La Di Da Sewing School, at the Lyme Regis Town Mill.
What to bring:
- A simple sewing kit, including notebook pencil, good quality pair of fabric scissors, tailors chalk and a tape measure
- A pattern of your choice
- Fabric (or purchase from our fabric shop from £7 per metre)
- Interfacing, zips, fastenings and thread (or can be purchased on-site).
What is included:
- 5 hours of Tuition & guidance through the stages of your own garment construction.
- Build your own staple wardrobe with patterns that fit you.
- Full use of the studio.
- Tea & Coffee.
Upper Stable Block,